Subject: Re: Ted Grant and Smiling
From: "David W. Almy" <>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 1997 08:08:25 -0400

Mervin S. Stewart wrote:
>I want to assure you that when Ted has a glass of single malt scotch he does indeed smile.>

Ted Grant is one of the treasures of this group. (My wife notes: isn't
"treasures" a word you use to describe people who are really, really
old?!) Aside from his prolific contributions, he also, in my view, is a
patient, resiliant and valuable teacher. So is Philby and a bunch of
others who chime in regularly.

And such a good value, too! Explain to me why/how the most expensive
35mm cameras/lenses/accessories in the world come with an endless,
superb, FREE training course? Or maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones
who hasn't yet received his check. Oh, well.

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland