Subject: Re: recoated Summarit
From: "H. S. Lam" <hslam@chevalier.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 19:44:34 -0700

Patrick Sobalvarro wrote:

> A few months ago I bought a Summarit 50/1.5 very inexpensively.  The
> price was good because it was fogged and the front coating was in very
> poor shape; I bought it with the intention of having the front element
> recoated.
> ( snip )
> once again, I'm very pleased to recommend John Van Stelten's work
> on this and the other equipment he's done for me.  I'm sure this won't
> be the last lens I send him for recoating.
>
> -Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Can you tell me what was the cost for the front lens re-coating ?
Would it cost more to have more than 1 surface coated ?
I am interested in this information because my old Elmar 50 mm. has a
fine haze in one of the internal surfaces, and I am wondering whether it
is better to re-coat it or buy a brand new lens.

Thanks in advance.

H.S. Lam