Subject: Re: M6, 50mm Summicron and more
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Jul 97 20:46:13 EDT

Carl Socolow wrote:

<<<All's fair in news and war. It's certainly one of the reasons I left news and
went into commercial. Thanks, as always, Ted, for the anecdote.>>

Carl, here's one more that you'll probably enjoy.

Back when we still had strobes mounted on the cameras all the time and were
covering football games with TV cameras at field level and they became bossy and
pushy to get out of their way or else!~  We had a great weapon for they're
cameras.

We would turn on the strobe for full charge and then quickly step in front of
the TV camera and shoot right at the lens! This in turn with the early TV
cameras rendered them blind for a bit and pissed the TV guys off royally.

After awhile they learned to ask politely if a stills guy wandered accidentally
in they're line of sight.

Stills guys know how to get revenge! :)

ted