Subject: Re: M3 Question
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 07:45:23 -0400

This "feature," left over from the LTM days seems to be one that you either
hate or love. Personally I love it. I have seen lots of lenses modified to
defeat the lock. The easiest way seems to be to grind off a small piece of
the part that the locking pin engages. I've also seen some lenses with the
pin end itself reduced in size so that it no longer engages the lock.

Since you recently purchased your M3 I would suggest using it for a while
and see if you don't become accustomed to the lock.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>