Subject: Re: M6, 50mm Summicron and more
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Jul 97 20:24:15 EDT

Marc James Small wrote:

<<<This one IS a hot issue.  I get my picture taken, frequently, as I'm rather
active in my community.  I despise the SOB's who insist on using
wide-angles:  I swear I'm going to punch one of these jerks out one of
these days, jumping right there in my face.>>>>>

Marc,

I'm with you all the way! If I happen to be near by I'll hold you hit! :)

Some of these so called news photographers work with 19 and 20 mil lenses and
are right in the face and are nothing but a great big pain in the ass.

These are the types that perpetuate the animal image of news photographers to
the point that newspaper shooters do no not receive any respect simply because
of the animal pack in your face mentality.

It is much the same as the TV station camera guys stuffing their video cameras
in your face and then scream assult if you put your hand up to stop them or save
yourself from being eaten by their cameras.

ted