Subject: Re: Evidence of a Contax/Leica partnership?
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 16:52:56 -0400

Jacques Bilinski wrote:

<Contax recomends that the user 'rough focus' first on lenses with floati=
ng
<elements
<(and probably many zooms, and other lenses that are focused by moving on=
ly
<groups of elements).
 =

<I'm not an optical expert but I imagine that once Leica and Contax have
<decided to go with the 'moving film plane' method of autofocus, they wil=
<take this into account as a design parameter when designing new lenses,
<likewise other manufactures can  probably design lenses in which the ima=
ge
<degradation caused by the small amount of play in the lenses is minimize=
d.

     =

Then whe will have image degradation with :

15mm/3,5
24mm/2,8
28mm/2,8
35mm/1,4
100mm/2,8 Apo
Etc...

Do you think that Leica will accept such a a degradation ????

Lucien
BELGIUM