Subject: Re: B&W RC Paper Question
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Jul 97 10:32:11 EDT

Richard Clompus wrote:

<<Anyone have experience with RC printing papers?>>>>

G'day Richard,

I've used them since they arrived on the darkroom step and the Polymax RC is a
very good paper.

I know Kodak have done tests for longevity and even though they claim the prints
have a lastind stability of many many years, there are some technical darkroom
folks who claim the RC papers don't last as long as fibre base.

I have RC prints still kicking around here from at least 25 years ago and they
look fine. And that is without using hypo eliminator before washing.

I suppose I should just say there are folks in here with greater technical
knowledge than I, who can give you the definitive answer. But I use both fibre
base and RC depending on the requirement of the end result.

If I need a print thirty seconds after it's through the solutions it's RC all
the way and layed out on a towel, wiped dry and waved in the air and handed to
whomever needs it. In these cases you only need it to last as long as it takes
to scan it or do a quick thing with it. :)

ted