Subject: Re: 24 mm. lens
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:35:57 -0400

Dr. Alberto Rodrguez-Robles wrote:
...I made a comparison between the Leica 21mm. 2.8 and the Canon 20-35
2.8 and set it at 21mm. to cover the same area as the Leica.  I made an
exposure of the same subject under the same circumstances, same
film...and made enlargements to 5x7 and 8x10.  I showed the enlargements
to my friends and ask them which one was Leica glass and they couldn't
tell the difference...

Alberto,

You're not likely to notice differences under the conditions mentioned.
Shoot both lenses wide open and enlarge to 16x20 and look again.

The greatest variable in photography is the photographer, not our
equipment. WE are the greatest limitation our cameras are up against.
That's the magic of this art we all try to practice.

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland