Subject: Re: Enlargers
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:21:02 -0700

At 03:49 PM 6/25/97 EDT, you wrote:

>While Ansel Adams was a vocal proponent of cold light diffusion
>enlargers, he kept a condenser Bessler enlarger to "print some small
>format negatives." I suspect the difference in accutance was why he kept
>the condenser machine around.
>
>                                          - John Lowther

For anybody that is interested, Richard J. Henry's book "CONTROLS IN
BLACK-AND-WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY" has a great dissertation on his analytical
results of comparing:  cold light vs diffusion vs condenser vs point source
 enlarger light sources. Pages 44-54. He also references Ansel Adams'
preferences.

Jim