Subject: Re: Re:Film and Processing
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:33:59 -0700

> From: Richard Clompus
> What developer is AB55?

It is a two part developer that comes in liquid concentrate as Part A, Part
B and Part B Replenisher. The brand name on the box is Oriental Seagull.  I
buy it thru Cachet in Santa Ana, CA at 714 432-7070 (web site -
www.onecachet.com). You can also get a small trial sample in powder form.

> Too bad Leica has discontinued their enlarger.

I agree. I have used the Focomat IIc, and own the Focomat Ic and a V35.
Capturing an outstanding Leica image doesn't end until the print is on
paper. Leica built exceptional enlargers to accomplish the final
photographic step with the same kind of precision and elegance as the
camera.  Perhaps the darkroom equipment became too small a market for them.

BTW, I've made the switch to the V35 and love the color and variocontrast
modules. (I'm still not sure if the autofocus is as precise as the Ic.)
Since I don't need two 35mm enlargers, the Focomat Ic is for sale for $600,
plus shipping. It is the most modern model with the white baseboard, extra
long column and filter drawer (but no lens), and is in beautiful condition.
Anyone interested, please respond to me at  datamaster@humboldt1.com
Thanks,
Gary Todoroff