Subject: Re: Seattle Film Works Question
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 16:46:54 -0400

>I am looking for an efficient and economical method of digitizing 35mm
>Ektachrome slides to use in PowerPoint lectures.  When I'm not seeing
>patients or photographing, I enjoy traveling and lecturing to other eye
>doctors.  It gets me out of the office without guilt and I enjoy the travel
>(with camera in hand).
>
>I came accross some literature from Seattle Film Works where they will
>develop your E-6 film and then digitize the images for delivery as email
>over the Interent or by sending you a 3 1/2" floppy disk with the images on
>it.

PowerPoint can only deal with 8-bit color and very small file sizes, so
the Seattle Film Works scanning sounds like it would be perfect. Any more
expensive scanning process would be a waste.

If you want to use your images for anything more serious, you should
absolutely not be using PowerPoint.

- - Paul