Subject: Re: Elmarit-R 100mm f/2.8 APO MACRO
From: <cyberdog@unicall.be>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 97 16:29:41 +0200

At 06:33 -0400 17-06-1997, David W. Almy wrote:
>FWIW,
>
>The new issue of Pop Photo, the one with the review of the R8, tests the
>100 2.8 APO and says that it is the highest performing 100 macro they've
>ever tested (I _think_ that's a compliment). Macro performance is said to
>be optimized at 2.8. It's apparently downhill from there. Odd, eh? Test
>results of the 50 1.4 (R) was middling.
>
>Cheers,
>
>David W. Almy
>Reporting from Paris

Sorry to ask, I believe this has already been mentioned a while ago in
this forum, but what issue of Pop Photo are we talking about? Just bought
the June issue, and the R8 test was not in it. Are you referring to the
July issue?

Pascal
Belgium

Message created and sent using a Macintosh PowerBook and Claris Em@iler