Subject: R3 MOT question
From: JWilk11912@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 05:36:24 -0400 (EDT)

I have an Elmarit-R 35/2.8 (serial # 2021984) that seems to have a damaged
coupler that causes the metering to be incorrect (read....drops to "B") when
the shutter release is depressed.

My negatives seem to be properly exposed. I have to check the exposure with
the depth of field preview. It works properly.

Now the two questions. Is it possible that this is an older Leicaflex lens,
thereby accounting for the metering display problems? If not, and the coupler
is damaged; where is the best place to have this repaired ?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I'm a first time user.....using this as
base to build a decent lens collection, and then move to a better body.

Regards:

Joe Wilk