Subject: Re: Black or Chrome?
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 19:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 13.06.97  09:11:03, schreiben Sie:

<< I thought that the reason for the change to zinc is that it is more
 resistant to dents and dings than brass, as well as being lighter.

If you want to hear my opinion, they did it because it was easier and cheaper
to manufacture. Leica has never cared too much about weight. If you compare
Leica M lenses with Contax G-2 lenses you find the latter much lighter. And
on the expensive Titanium, Gold and M6J cameras Leica still uses brass.

BTW: To me it looks like a strange joke, that a manufacturer makes a Titanium
camera, which is heavier than the usual one...