Subject: Re: GBS's Leica Photographs
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 10:38:50 -0400

>I believe that George Bernard Shaw was an avid photographer, using a Leica
>from the 20's to the 40's. Would you know of a book or Web page that contains
>the photographs he personally took. I would deeply appreciate any
>information.

There is a book I saw a couple of years ago, which contained essays by
him on photography (i think). The dusk jacket showed a picture of Shaw
holding a screw-mount Leica, which I thought was pretty cool.

There is a story in the Whelan bio of Robert Capa, of how Capa got in to
see Shaw by sending him a bunch of bananas, having heard that Shaw liked
fruit.

(Notice how, in attonement for my flippant "politicaliy correct" comment
about the term LTM, I've referred to the camera as being screw-mount.)

- - Paul