Subject: R8 quality
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:22:11 CDT

LUGs,

I guess, by now, a lot of us have seen and read the review of the R8 in
the July issue of Popular Phot.  It is generally favorable.  I was
especially interested in the pictures shown of the innards of the R8.  I
see a lot of what looks like plastic gears, etc.  I surmise that it is a
modular camera.  Does this mean it is not repairable as such - just
replace the module.

What is the inside of the M6 like - gear material etc.??  Has it changed
recently???  Just wondering.  Not likely that I would take my fairly
recent M6 apart.  I did that years ago with my father-in-laws Kodak
folder and my ears are still ringing after 52 years!!!

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK