Subject: Re: Black or Chrome?
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

Ted,

I disagree with your assessment of the stealth qualities of the chrome M6.
I've found that in street shooting, there isn't any way to avoid hostile
people if you're using what is perceived as a pro camera; black or chrome.
The only way I've found to go unnoticed consistently, is to use a smaller
camera. I notice no difference in reaction to either a chrome Canonet or a
black CL, or CLE. As a matter of fact, I get far more 'nice camera'
comments on my black Leica CL's, than I do on my chrome M6.

In the end, I think that looking 'amateur' is more important than camera
gleam. I do personally think that the chrome M6 is far more beautiful than
the black. From what I've seen, chrome also holds its value better.

Best,
Danny Gonzalez