Subject: RE: Leica M6J
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 10:29:24 -0600 (MDT)

I use Eudora and have set the "Skip Big Messages" filter on to prevent big
files and binaries from being written to my harddrive as attachments. This
also has the effect of filtering those big SPAM letters. The SBM filter is
default set to anything over 35 lines of text. The effect is to hold those
big files at your ISP until you turn off the filter.

Lately, I've been receiving BIG WAV files - whole songs - from idiot
"friends" of mine. These can take minutes to decode, and, like other
binaries, write themselves directly to your harddrive upon receipt. This
scares the hell out of me.

With as many folks as we have using LUG, it is bound to happen once in a
while. When you consider how rampant it is on Usenet, we should feel
somewhat lucky.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Photographer