Subject: Re: R8: Metz Flash SCA 3501 & 351 ??
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 12:36:49 -0400

>ted grant wrote:
> =

> Lucien wrote:
> =

> <<Did somebody tryed the old SCA 351 adapter together with the R8.
> All the litterature say that it work only with the new SCA 3501,
> but because I only own a Metz 36 CT3 (SCA 300 system)
> and like his cobra design, I'm curious.
> =

> By the way, is the SCA 3501 adapter available>>>>>>>,
> =

> Lucien,
> =

> It will only work with the SCA 3501! I understand they are available.
> =

> ted

>Dave Stedman wrote:

>Can anyone absolutely verify whether or not I can use my Metz40MZ2 with
>a 3501 on BOTH my R7 and R8, (assuming the functional limits of the R7).=

>It would sure save a lot of bother to be able to leave the 3501 in place=

>all the time.  Leica Solms sent my E-mail back to Leica USA. Neils
>Thorson at Leica USA says no, the local rep and I have played with it
>and it appears to work.  Metz won't answer the E-mail that I sent them. =

>Has anyone arrived at a definitive answer to this most perplexing of
>problems?  Please let us all know.

*********

Dave,

I suspect that the SCA 3501 work perfectly well on the R7 with his limits=
,
but I also suspect that the SCA 351 work also perfectly well on the R8
with only the possibilities of the R7-SCA 300 (no tranmission from the le=
ns
etc..).

I'm even almost sure of hit but have no proof.

I'm sure that if there was the smallest risk for both the cameras,
or if it only don't work on one of them, Leica and Metz will advertise it=

widely.

But Metz prefer to sell new flash and/or new adapter,
and Leica prefer that R8 owners use all the possibilities of their new
camera & lens.

Is Solms listening ??

Lucien,
BELGIUM