Subject: Re: R8 Construction
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 06:21:00 -0700

<snip>

> The annoying part of his opinion was that it was just layed out
> there without any back-up proof and unfortunately or fortunately,
> I'm becoming cynical in my old age and from politicians to the
> padre, I just ask, "show me" or "Prove it!"
>
> Just a simple thing without emotion.:)

Things do change, Ted, and Don, from what we can gather, merely made
the offhand comment based on whatever he perceived at the time. If
the listener made no request for amplification, it probably was not
offered.

Regardless, it's a free country (well, was...) and Don's comment will
not make or break the R8. The R8 will make or break itself based on
its service record over time as you and others have said.

Related issue is that few consider the M6 as well done as the M3, yet
their performance and service record seems as good. Hell, Pop.
Photog. magazine did an article comparing the failings of the M6 vs.
the M3 a year or more ago. Complete with pictures comparing the
construction.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer