Subject: Re: R8 vs RTS Unrelibaility
From: Krzysztof Szecowka <szecowka@ch.wssk.wroc.pl>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 09:11:46 +0200

Michael,

I have read this test in Amateur Photographer, but I think that
professional Contax user (and lover :-)) cannot write full report about new
Leica. In '96 issue of Chasseur d'Images there is an article about Leica M3
(I will find out what issue and let you know). In this article the author
wrote (in translation): "Leica and Contax were always like dog and cat".
Therefore I suppose that Leica test performed by Contax user is subjective.
BTW,
 I am Leica (R5) and Contax (G1) user.

Chris

At 08:32 5.06.97 -0400, you wrote:
>Lucien,
>
>The current issue of a major British Photography magazine has a full
review of the R8.  They don't take very kindly to it.  In fact, the first
R8 that the tester received failed immediately.

>The R8 does not come across very well compared to the RTS III in their
report.  (The reviewer states his bias toward Contax, but his comments are
nevertheless revealing).

>While Otto's experience with his RTS's is informative, it should not of
course become the foundation for a position identifying Contax cameras as
chronically unreliable.  Many Contax owners, pros as well as amateurs would
council otherwise. Myself included :)

>Regards,
>
>Michael

Krzysztof Szecowka MD