Subject: Re: R8 Construction
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 10:47:58 -0700

ted grant wrote:

> Stephen Gandy wrote:
>
> <<A few days ago I was talking to Don Golberg. According to him, the
> insides of the R8 are poorly executed.  It reminded him of the "East
> German" workmanship of the Prakticas.>>>>
>
> Sorry Stephen that's hogwash and you know it! The camera is working excellently!
> Sure they're have been a couple of glitches right at the beginning but they were
> quite minor and wasn't an overall condition of many cameras.

Ted, please read the original quote carefully.  The comment was on the
R8's INTERNAL CONSTRUCTION quality, NOT the R8's value as a picture
taker.  Don is widely recognized as one of the best Leica repairmen.
He's entitled to his opinion, just like you are entitled to yours.

No need to get so emotional.  Its just a camera.

Stephen Gandy