Subject: Re: Where to buy?
From: Jim Licquia <jlicquia@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 23:26:11 -0500

Richard C. Floyd wrote:

> So, once the decision is finalized, where do you recommend I  buy my Leica?  My
> local dealer has them for $1995.00 with the current $500.00 rebate.  Are there
> any better prices out there????
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
I bought my M6 two weeks ago from Wall Street Camera in New York. Saved
almost $200 in local sales tax and had it and the 50mm f2.0 Summicron M
the next day for $25 UPS overnight charge. I paid $1995 for the M6 and
$750 for the lens which had a $100 rebate. So far, I love it although I
am having a hard time sdjusting to the rangefinder after having used
SLRs for the last twenty years. A number of the images on my first rolls
were out of focus.