Subject: Re: Summicron 35 Asph.
From: Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 02:49:49 +0100

Bert, George and Lucien wrote:

>>Has anybody seen a picture of the new lens compared to the current
>>Summicron 35?
>>--
>>Bert Keuken

<<Also, will we be able to use the 39 mm "swing-out" polarizer filter
<<on this new lens?

<<George Berger

>Good question, I hope so !!

>Lucien

The new lens takes E39 filters and has a groove at the front of the
lens mount on the outside. Very similar to the old Summicron. I believe
the front of the lens diameter is 42mm. I don't own a swing out filter so
I don't know how they fit. I may .. but only may just see the new lens
later this week. Any way, if the opportunity arises I'll ask about the
swing out filter for you.

Bert, the depth of field scale looks a little wider, and the rear
element sleeve protrudes from the back of the lens like the 35 and
24 ASPHs etc.

                   Regards, Bob Parsons