Subject: Re: M6 shutter-speed dial
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 10:15:58 -0700

One thing that I notice is that the shutter speed dial turns more smoothly
and surely when the shutter is cocked than if not. This is not neccessarily
related to the problem that you describe. If your shutter dial isn't
clicking into place as it should when the shutter is cocked then maybe it's
worth sending back to Leica for a look.

- -Charlie

>Sorry for all these questions I've been asking - I promise this'll be my
>last one for a while...
>
>I've just become the very proud owner of a new M6; it is quite beautiful
>and very smooth.
>
>One thing that doesn't seem so smooth is when turning the shutter speed
>dial past the <flash sync> setting.  When going from 1/30, past <sync> to
>1/60, the 1/60 setting doesn't seem to click to a stop very solidly; it
>is very vague.  So I simply go to 1/125 and then back to 1/60.  A similar
>thing occurs when going from 1/60 to 1/30.  Has everyone else experienced
>this?  If so, will the stops click more firmly as I use the camera more?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>-Dave

              Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Deptartment
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074