Subject: Re:
From: cyberdog@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 17:56:49 +0200

At 20:30 -0700 28-05-1997, JamesV wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>
>Is the light meter in the present body M6 as accurate and definitive as it
>is pro ported to be?  I am currently in the market for either a M6 or R8
>after my R4 and several lenses (35/1.4, 85/14, 100Macro/f4, and a 180/f2.8)
>were stolen.
>
>I have always admired the composition of M photo's but thought the camera
>to be lagging behind the times and difficult to meter via the on board senor.
>
>Any help in making up my mind would be greatly appreciated.
>
>In advance- my thanks and best regards,
>
>JamesV

Go for the R8 ! It's light metering is much better and more modern than the
M6. Even if you put the matrix and central-weighted metering methods aside,
you still have the very exact spot. At least, on the R8 you can SEE where
the spot will be (the focusing round), something that you will have to
guess with the M6 (this spot on the M6's viewfinder varies according to the
lens used). I have both systems, and like the R8 MUCH better!
IMHO, the M6's metering is its single biggest problem. Or maybe I just
can't get used to it...?

Greetings,

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook