Subject: Re: M-5 Users
From: henningw@archiphoto.com (Henning J. Wulff)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 23:37:36 -0800

Arnold,

>Being that the M-5 is not common, I wonder if there are any lug's that have
>and use this camera, and any special tricks or techniques in usage. I feel
>left out not having an M6.

I had a couple for a number of years in the seventies, and they served me
well. They did not feel as good in my hands as the M4's, which I continued
to use during this period, and I finally got rid of them; partly for the
overall feel, and partly because of the strap attachments (I had the 2-lug
design), and partly because I couldn't meter with the 21/3.4 and 15/8
anyway, and the former was always one of my main lenses. The meter was
accurate, and the overhanging shutter dial was a delight to use in
conjunction with the speeds in the viewfinder. Probably I should have kept
them instead of getting the stupid M4-2's. But hey, that's hardly the last
time I made the wrong decision about photographic equipment. :-)

   *           Henning J. Wulff
  /|\     Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\      henningw@archiphoto.com