Subject: Re: R Finder-Screen Question
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 May 97 02:09:54 EDT

David Young wrote:

<<I love my R5, but have difficulty focusing my 500mm/f8, or 1000mm/f11
mirror lenses. The microprism/split-image rangefinder in the center is
useless, and the groundglass is a bit hard to see for my old/tired eyes... So I
have three questions:
[1] Should I be using one of the other 4 replacement screens and if so,
which one?

Dave,

 I have always switched my screens to full ground glass in any of the R cameras
I have owned because the griound glass screen is best for the tele lenses and
macro work.

I'm waiting for an all ground glass screen for my R8 at the moment.

As far as where to get a screen, my advice is buy a new one and in your case
living in Victoria, probably Lens and Shutter are your best bet as they are the
local Leica dealer.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant