Subject: M6 meter
From: jdrouin@islandnet.com (Jamie Drouin)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 21:07:09 -0800

>Is the light meter in the present body M6 as accurate and definitive as it
>is pro ported to be?

        The M6 meter is essentially a spot meter.  As long as you know how
to place your tones based on this system you will never have a problem.  I
have been using my M6 (and its meter) almost exclusively since 1989 under a
variety of difficult and complex lighting conditions.  It has served me
well every time.  The only time I get an under/over exposed negative is
when I don't remain true to the camera's 'decision'.  I've learned my
lesson ;-)

        People who have only taken a quick glance through an M6 tend to
think that it's just two arrows turning on and off.  In fact, these arrows
change intensity at the most subtle change in light, allowing the user to
actually 'feel' quarter-stop differences in exposure.

                                     Can I sing MORE praise!? :-)jamie.

Jamie Drouin Photography
http://www.islandnet.com/~jdrouin

'the means...exceed the measure of the imaginable'
 Hans Kessler, 16 April, 1933