Subject: Re: M6 & Infra-red
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:54:51 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 26.05.97  16:38:15, schreiben Sie:

<< Just a thought, as I remember, the M-6 has a white circle on the shutter
for
 metering pourposes.  Perhaps that circle is a weak link whenever shooting
 infra-red film.

I'd like to second that. Definitely a Leica M6 is not designed to use IR film
(It lacks focus correction marks, for example). I would suggest the
following: Use a handheld meter for the IR work, aim at your target with the
film advance lever NOT woundand with an attached lens cap. As soon as your
image is properly composed, remove the lens cap, advance the film and shoot
as quickly as possible. SLR cameras are better in that aspects, because the
SLR mirror helps keeping away the IR radiation from the film.

I have never tried that for myself, but maybe you give it a try.

Regards

Frank from Germany