Subject: Re: Angieneux Zoom for the R.... -Reply
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:59:53 -0700

At 02:45 AM 5/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks all for the feedback on the Angieneux 35-70....If the Angieneux and
>the Leica 35-70 were the same price and condition, is one favored over the
>other?( I do realize that the Angieneux is considerably larger....)?
>thanks again,
>
>chip

I have both. The Leica version I have is the latest (E67). The Leica
version feels substantial, robust, mechanically sound, machined, smooth,
etc... like a Leica lens. The Angenieux does not. It feels somewhat sloppy,
plastic, lens hood sucks, etc. The Leica version has a Leica color balance.
The Angenieux does not. They seem to be equal in sharpness. I always choose
to use the Leica version. When we are shooting together, my son gets stuck
with the Angenieux.

Jim