Subject: Re: R8
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 06:50:44 -0400

Pascal, you wrote:

<I asked myself the same question as you did, and got an interesting talk=

<with a technician at the Leica distributing office in Brussels. He
<explained that the had done extensive testing, both in Solms and in
<Brussels. He said the matrix metering system is 99% foolproof (which I
<would find hard to believe, but even it were only 90 or 95%, this would =
be
<impressive), and he advised me to put the camera on "full-automatic", th=
at
<is matrix metering with program setting (so that your camera becomes in
<fact a perfect P&S camera, except for the autofocus).

Do you have the address of that "the Leica distributing office in Brussel=
s"
and the name of that "technician".

Thank you,

Lucien