Subject: Re: Polarizing Filters
From: ROB HEYMAN <rheyman@cynergy.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 03:41:17 +1100

gess wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Can anyone advise on using polarizing filters on M cameras? I would like to
> be able to use them but can't quite work out how to.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Harold Gess
>
> My e-mail addresses are as follows:
>
> haroldgess@journalist.com
>
> gess@icon.co.za
>
> Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
> a nice day!

Harold,
There is mark or arrow of some sort on all polarizing filters I know of,
which, when pointed at the sun (or light source) gives the maximum
degree of polarization.
This is fine for relatively static subjects, but if there is any sort of
urgency with your shot or you are switching from horizontal to vertical
and back, you may find polarizers a little bit of a nuisance on an
M-series.

Regards,
Rob Heyman