Subject: Re: Equipment failures
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:50:02 -0800

Harrison McClary wrote:

> Having equipment crash while on a shoot is a MAJOR pain in the a...

Harrison,

I remember last year preparing for a job and testing three sync cables
before I left and none would work on any pack when I got on location.
Finally used an on-camera flash to fire the studio strobes.  I never
could get those cables to work and threw them away.

Wanna talk about Polaroid backs?  I have 4x5 (2), medium format (2) and
one 35mm.  And all seem prone to jam, gum up and generally malfunction,
despite regular cleaning.

I even carry a soldiering iron.  About the only tool I don't carry is a
hammer--I'm afraid I might be tempted to use it with malice
aforethought.

Donal Philby
San Diego