Subject: Re: Polarizing Filters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:03:46 -0400

At 07:05 PM 5/18/97 +0200, Harold Gess wrote:

>Can anyone advise on using polarizing filters on M cameras? I would like to
>be able to use them but can't quite work out how to.

This is fairly simple in practice, complex in theory.  Leitz made a series
of screw-in pola-screens with numbers around the rim.  Hold the filter in
your hand and look through it.  Rotate it for the best appearance, then
screw it into the camera and turn the filter until the numbers line up the
same way.

Or, the simple way:  turn the filter so the number "0" is 45 degrees away
from the source of light.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!