Subject: Re:Hollywood & Photography
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 20:21:18 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 17-May-97 Leica-Users List Digest V1 .. by
Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.
> Well, the one conceit Hollywood uses which I find especially gagging is the
> red darkroom light.
snip
>Someone ought to tell the boys that the past sixty years have meant a LOT
>of changes!

Nah! They won't listen. It's in the same league as a full-page newspaper
ad for a "trainload" sale: across the top of the page is a freight train
headed by a steam locomotive.
    "Train" is "choo-choo" is steam.
    "Darkroom" is "red".
    50's period footage shows press photogs with Rollei TLRs (vide
current Mercedes-Benz TV commercial).

Call it the cultural memory, or sumpin' like dat.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh