Subject: Re: electrical lens contacts on R8
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 97 17:16:14 +0100

>Subject:     electrical lens contacts on R8
>Sent:        5/17/97 7:32 AM
The R8 manual says that the electrical contacts on lenses transmit
>lens data (such as the type of lens) and are used for an electronic
>exposure control in addition of the normal mechanic exposure control.
>
>In short, do I miss something if I don't use lenses with electrical
>contacts on the Leica R8?

Yes, you are missing something. All ROM equipped Leica lenses are
measured for light fall off in the corners at a number of diaphragm
settings including the effects of the diaphragm itself. The values are
put on the ROM and are used by the exposure meter to compensate for false
measurements in the corners.
Erwin Puts