Subject: Re: How is 90mm Elma screw mount lens compare to M mount?
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:01:46 -0700

4020 wrote:

> Hi LUG,
>
> Please advice about qualily between the 90mm Elma screw mount and
> M mount.  I have a chance to buy a 90mm Elma screw mount lens with
> M adapter.  What price range should I pay? What should I look for,
> the last but not least: Will it worth to go this way, instead of
> buying the M mount?  Thanks in advance.
>
> - Tim

Tim

Optically no difference. Most screw mount (LTM) 90 Elmars will have the
A63 filter size instead of the E39. E39 is the most common size. Also
the LTM has a rotating mount which means polarizers are more difficult
and the aperture ring is rotating as you focus.

If the price is the same go for the M mount.

Hope that helps, Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown