Subject: Re: IIIG
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:02:47 -0700

Roger Beamon wrote: (about the IIIG)

 It *was* the most evolved and *would be* the most highly
> evolved SM forever!
> -

The most evolved Leica screw mount, yes.

The most evolved screw mount, welllllll....... not so fast.

The Canon V's and VI's had more features.  The later and even more
advanced Canon 7 and 7S blow the IIIG away in terms of features.

If we restrict the discussion to small classic Leica-style bodies, the
late Nicca/Tower with its convenient lever advance  and even more
convenient open back M3 style loading gets my vote.  Take a look at the
Leica Copies book by HPR, great reading.

Stephen Gandy