Subject: Re: So you want to change lists
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 16:32:30 -0700

At 06:50 AM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I get antsy, Ted, because it is so parochial to think of one's
>"philosophy" of photography as being marque oriented. As I might have
>said in private communications, the agenda oriented journalism is
>being done by users of all marques, in fact, overwhelmingly with
>other brands. Far better fora exist for these discussions. Fora that
>would excite you guys, who like those discussions, far more than this
>one simply because it would put you into a larger arena with a far
>more diverse subscriber list. Maybe the photographer out there
>pushing a point of view with an EOS1n or an F5 really *can* bring
>back a larger number of "moving" images than the Leica shooter. 8^)
>
>--
>Roger Beamon

Roger,

I doubt if the fora, on another list, would excite any of us. Even though
we collectively disagree about almost everything, we are still friends. We
know what to expect. Sometimes we lurk, sometimes we troll, sometimes we
spend countless hours looking-up some odd ball part number for a name we
don't yet know. But it's always with a smile. :-) I like the people who
contribute "philosophy-babble" on this list. Now don't get hostile, it's a
friendly term. The first definition of babble is "to talk
enthusiastically." Just don't read past that definition. There is an
enormous amount of intelligence put forth on this list. And it's not always
about hardware. There is a very important common bond. The Leica. Not
Nikon. Not Canon. Leica.

>I'm loving the current "bokeh" thread in which I find Patrick's thinking
so very much like mine.

But I'm upset that you like Patrick's Bokeh better than my Bokeh! ;-)

Jim