Subject: Re: Xtol Mixing Temperature
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:41:34 +0000

On  7 May 97 at 18:30, Francesco Ricci wrote:

> I mixed 5l of Kodak Xtol film developer at the water temperature of
> 45 (Celsius), whereas Kodak recommend to stay between 20 and 30.
> Could you guess any strange chemical reaction that could have
> modified the features of the developer?
>
> A check on a test film could not reveal such small changes, I guess.

I haven't tried mixing Xtol at a high temperature but did reverse the
order of the ingredients without ill effects on the film.  My guess
would be that the temperature of the solution at the time of
developing is much more critical than the temperature at the time of
mixing.

Obligatory Leica item: I'm still on the quest for a decent 50
Summitar and a 90 Elmar with serial numbers between 633000 and
647000.  Email me privately if you're looking to dispose of one of
these fossils.

Roy
Written by:
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"