Subject: 90mm Tele-Elmarit-M
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 08:51:11 -0400

Bill wrote:

<I have a chrome lens as noted above #2071XXX which should have been made
in
<1964.  My references say this lens head is not useable detached from the
<focusing mount.  My question is Why?  Is it bacause Leica did not make an
<adapter for it to fit the Viso or bellows.  The lens head is detachable.

No it isn't, be carefull

<I have a later model which is the slimmer black one and the lens head will
<not screw off of it so I can see why it is not suitable for the Viso or
<bellows.

Because the back of the lenses will interfere with the mirror, or it will
be impossible to focus at the infinity

<This lens is in mint condition, what is its value?

around 2.500 DM in Europe (around 1.750 $)

Lucien