Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 20:01:32 -0700

At 07:12 PM 5/4/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Tina wrote:
>

>To those of you who feel and felt the last few days of posts pertaining to
what
>we  do with our pictures and on our assignments has nothing to do with
Leicas,
>you are sadly mistaken.
>
>It has everything to do with Leicas!
>
>As the camera, whether you believe it or not, is the catalyst that drives
some
>of us to do what we do.  Much like our brethren before us who most in here
>admire of their work illustrating the humanities or inhumanities of the
planet.

>There aren't any f stops, or focal lengths involved in what we post, but
what we
>talk about is part of a learning experience for those of you who also
carry our
>wonderful Leica picture taking machines. To value what you have in your
hands,
>maybe just a little bit more..
>
>Please bear with us at times as there are moments when we suffer from the
>emotional strain of what we have seen and done.
>
>Thank you for your patience.
>
>ted

Ted,

Very well said. Photography is a "life experience." It makes you see and
feel in ways that many people cannot understand. It rules your emotions. It
is the fabric of your being. For those so deeply involved, photography and
life are inseparable. For the people on this list, the Leica is the
preferred vehicle of expression.

Jim