Subject: Re: Cruising for snaps in Panauti
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 23:30:24 -0800

Ian Stanley wrote:

>         I have been thinking about a Jobo for some time now especially for
> my large format stuff.

Ian,

If you do get one, go for the BIG tank with the holes that take two 4x5
(wait, you're British: 5x4) sheet in each hole.  The smaller, cheaper
unit that fits in the standard tank isn't as good.  I've done 5x4s (see,
I'm learning) with clear blue sky and the negs are absolutely even right
out to the edge.  A joy to print.

Using the manual model once (maybe twice) I got a phone call in the
middle of the developer cycle, got lost, came back 15 minutes later,
muttered foul words, then found everything fine, just slightly over
developed..  The Jobo uses so little chemical that it (the developer)
was exhausted.  I was relieved.

Donal Philby
San Diego