Subject: Tamron 500 SP
From: jerry and/or nancy <corlock@pioneerplanet.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 21:48:09 -0600

David Young wrote:

> >I have the Tamron 500 f8 SP and am Very happy with it.  I have gotten
> >head
> >and shoulder shots of Tigers that are great! ( would not want to be ANY
> >closer)
>
> >If the lens you are looking at is the SP I highly recomend it,
> >Jerry
>
> Jerry:
>
> The Tamron I looked at *is* the SP, and appears to be in perfect shape.  I
> pick it up for a few days trial on Monday next.
>
> In the meantime, I've been offered a Vivitar 500mm Mirror lens w/T-mount
> new for CDN$ 189 (approx US$ 145), but I would suspect it's quality would
> not be up to the Tamron, simply on price alone.  (The Tamron is CDN$ 599 if
> new).
>
> Marc Small prefers the MTO Russian lenses, and he may be right.  But there
> aren't any available in my area - and if I mail order one from the states,
> shipping and duty drive the price up teriffically.
>
> Does anybody here have comments on the low-ball Vivitar?
>
> All thoughts appreciated.

VERY sorry,
I would have sent this directly to you, but repeted e-mail to your
adderss
below kept being returned as undeliverable

I would be willing to sell you mine WITH an R4 adapter for $225.00 US.

.
It is in EXC+ condition with hood and front cap.
I can sell for so little because I got it in a LARGE
nikon out fit and have so every thing else at a profit.

I Now have the Leica 560 f6.8 so the Tamron is expendable and I need to
pay for the 560.

Thank you
Jerry
corlock@pioneerplanet.infi.net