Subject: Re: Leica M 90mm
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:47:11 -0400

- - Paul wrote

<Take a look at the 4-element f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit. It is about the size of
<a 50mm Summicron, only slightly longer. This lens was made from about
<1974-1990; as far as I know, they are all black and all Canadian.

The last year they were made in Germany.

<The 90mm Tele-Elmarit uses the same lens hood as the older-mount f/4 135
<Elmarit and Tele-Elmarit do; if you use 35mm and 50mm Summicrons, the
<90mm Tele-Elmarit and one of the f/4 135 lenses, you can share filters
<between them all and only need two lens hoods between the four of them
<(12575 for the 90mm and 135mm, 12585 for the 35mm and 50mm).

And the polarising filter (swinging) !!!

<There was an older, 5-element version of this lens, normally referred to
as the "fat" Tele-Elmarit. This is not considered to be as good as the
<4-element version, and is somewhat bigger and heavier and is more
<expensive because of collector interest.

The chrome 5-element is very rare indeed (+ 1.750 ex. ???)

<This lens looks kind of like an elongated 50mm Summilux in shape.

The nicest look in my view, specially chrom on a M3, but your are right,
too heavy.

Lucien
BELGIUM