Subject: Re:MJS, sources, MacArthur, sponge ................................
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:52:10 EDT

MJS Wrote:

"Would you happen to have a written source for this?  Interesting, if
true,
though military sources do not seem to back it up.  (There was "free
trade"
between the US and Japan from 1 January 46 onwards.)"

I have read several versions of this story in several different places,
and this is what I understand from them.  Search the net a bit, and if
you don't find them, I'll find the URL's for you.

Would not the mystery regulation prohibiting smaller formats in the US
you mentioned earlier, be a violation of this free trade business you
speak of???

I only answer a question when more knowledgeable individuals, like
yourself, seem to choose not to.  It seems that my doing so prompts your
reply, if only to correct my mistakes.  In that, at least, I suppose I
serve some function in  the process.  If this is not the case, I will
happily refer all the question answering to "higher powers" and sit here
in my sponge-like fashion, absorbing all of what you choose to share.

Not upset, just realizing my function in the internet community of
photo-folks.

Enjoy the day!!!

Thomas P. Myro
Photology@juno.com