Subject: Re: converter for M?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 20:02:09 -0400

At 03:42 AM 4/26/97 -0700, Stephen Gandy, Optical Wizard, wrote:

>>Dicey Optically?  only if you put them on a Russian lens.
>
>Try a late Summicron.  Some nice advances have been made in the last
>fifty years.

I didn't own a single Russki lens when I tested the Komura.  Tried it on
Summitar and collapsible Summicron.  For once, I agree with Pop:  "muddy
images distinguished only by vague blotches of color", or words to that
effect.

I encourage all on the list to try the Komura 2x tele-converter:  these are
still available new, I believe, from Cambridge, that paragon of lens
salesmanship.  Just make sure you have a MBG -- you'll be desperate to send
it back!

Steve, do YOU own one of these Komura gems?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!