Subject: Re: Shattered Reputation? -Reply
From: Dave Stedman <DSTEDM@corp.atl.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 06:10:39 -0700

- --=_D0828E46.A9C8A14A

To all;

As Ted Grant stated, clearly the R8 has an extremely bright
viewfinder.  significantly better than the R7 (I use them both.)  As
a side note though, my SL-2 appears to be as bright as the R8.
Interesting you say!  Well, I have set all three of these cameras up
on a tripod and  using the same lens and moving it from body to
body,  and tried to measure the light intensity at the viewfinder
with a external Pentax spot meter.  Granted, this is sort of a crude
test.  The conclusion that I came to was that there is less than a
1/2 EV  difference between the 3 fundamentally different
cameras.  I don't have a clue why the SL-2 and the R8 appear so
bright or why the R7 appears less bright.

Regards

Dave Stedman

Kirkland,  WA
- --=_D0828E46.A9C8A14A