Subject: Re: Help in Rotterdam, Holland
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:07:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

I might have a big problem in Rotterdam.
Some time ago, I responded to an advertisement in Shutterbug placed by a
company from Rotterdam called DE LOMAN EUROTRADING, broker in
Machines/Taxateur and after some faxes traded I decided to order a lens
(35/1.4 ASPH), a new M6 and a used  M6 from them. I just couldn't believe
the prices! It came up to about $3700.  (I am ready to try a M6 after my
M5 might be sold.)
Anyway, they were not set up for credit card orders, and they would only
take bank transfers.  They only required 50% payment for shipping and the
other 50% 14 days after receiving the items. I was faxed an invoice on
March 20th and made the 50% transfer (wire) on March 24. I was supposed to
receive my items on April 3rd by Federal Express if the money was in
their account by March 31.
I have not received anything so far.
I have tried to call them but nobody answers the main phone/fax (the fax
is not hooked on, and I left some messages on the second phone, but nobody
has returned the calls. I have contacted Shutterbug and they do not have
any more information on this company, but they are trying to contact them
as well.
I am affraid I am the victim of a scam.

My questions are:

Can you open an anonymous account with Postbank in your country? They have
account number 7534113.  I am wondering if the bank has any record of the
phisical person who opened the account.
Also wondering if you can claim to be registered with the Rotterdam Trade
Register (they seem to have No 270461), and if this is true, if you can
file a complaint with this organization.
Also they seem to have a BTW nr. VAT NL 124237684B01 which must be their
tax identification number.  Can anybody get this kind of number?
The sales person I dealt with was named Huib van den Linden (real name or
not?).
Their main address is

Stokroosstraat 153
3073 HW Rotterdam Holland.

and their other address is

Schuttevaerweg 82b
3044BB Rotterdam.

Their phone/fax is (31) 102732564
        phone      (31) 654210010

Can you confirm to me that this firm really exists and the addresses are
real? Can I file a police report in your country if this turns out to be a
scam?

Thank you,

Lucian Chis
chis@ece.orst.edu